I'm HORRIBLE at keeping track of Balian's milestones and accomplishments. And I can't even say that I've been keeping track of them in a baby book or anything. I did good in the beginning, but then....ya. I have no excuse. I just didn't do it. I think part me likes to think I'll just remember it, but we all know that's not going to happen. So here's some of fun facts about our little man lately.
* Balian up until he was about 8 months would sleep 7-7. It was fabulous. Then we moved and he started getting molars and sharp pointy teeth busting through his gums. Good-bye 7-7, welcome 3 or 4 a.m. wake up. Ugh. Soooo tired.
*He has three molars and is getting ALL FOUR eye teeth right now. Talk about torture for babe and mom. Everytime he gets new teeth he also gets sick. So far he's had two ear infections (he has one currently), strep throat and tonsilitis (also currently has).
* His favorite toys right now are a llittle green tape measure that he used to carry around 24/7 in his fat little hand. So cute.
He really likes his basketball hoop that he got for Christmas from G&G Steed. He loves it when his cousin Tawni builds block towers and then lets him knock it over. He LOVES sliding down the stairs on his belly. He loves Grandpa's old cell phone and saying hello dada on it.
*Some words he says: mama, dada, ta ta (tawni), bye bye, hello (sounds more like hee-wo), boo (peek-a-boo), and woof woof
* He loves being outside. We were going outside almost everyday until it started getting chilly again. Can't wait until it gets warm!!
* He now folds his arms for prayer. It's the cutest thing ever!!
* He refuses to learn to walk, or even stand by himself. He goes completely limp leg if I try and get him to stand, but he will actually walk really well holding onto one or both hands. I'm not really worried though. He's always been a really layed back baby. He's a very smart baby in a very quiet kind of way. haha I know he'll walk eventually. I'm just praying he at least learns before nursery. That's all I care about. He's got three months, so he should get there.
* He's still a really good eater most of the time...unless his gums are throbbing. He loves rice, potatoes, all vegetables, cheese, noodles, chicken, beef, pb and j sandwiches, EVERYTHING sweet (we're dessert buddies). He's still iffy with fruit most days. He really likes apple sauce, and loves to suck on apple slices but just spits the apple out after. If i give him bananas before anything else is put on his tray he'll eat it, but it's very rare.
*He's such a cheese ball. Whenever he does something he's proud of he gets the biggest cheesiest grin on his face. It's hilarioius. Such a flirt with any and all ladies too.
*He has this weird fascination with this one mole that I have on my arm. Whenver he catches a glimpse of it he has to pick at it. It hurts. I really need to just go get it removed.
*He loves to pull on his eyelashes...and everyone else's. It's a little painful. I don't know why he does it to himself. He whinces everytime he does it. Such a goofball.
* He is beyond needy right now. It's been going on for about a month. As soon as I leave his sight he starts crying. This makes work difficult. I try and distract him and then sneak off, but that doesn't always work. I HATE hearing him cry while I'm working. I just want to quit...like everyday. Ugh. But I won't because I do enjoy work too....and the extra income. But I am hoping his unrelenting love for me dies down just a teeny tiny bit. Not too much. Because I like that I'm the one he misses and wants first.
* He loves to read his books, and pretend he can read them. His favorite is the program at church for some reason. He even whispers while he's reading it. He's got his church voice down perfectly...except every other time when he screams at the top of his lungs and thinks it's hilarious.
* He loves to be naked and have baths and showers. He's also going through what I truly hope is a phase. He's..how do I say...discovered himself???? And he thinks it's absolutely hilarious.
* I haven't had him weighed or measured since he turned one, but i think he's grown a good inch or two. He doesn't feel any heavier though, so I doubt he's changed much in that area. He still seems little to me, but I like that.
So that's our little Bails, our Mr. Handsome, our Mister Mister. Those are his main names....Balian James Terence McKee when he's pushing the buttons on the satelite receiver. I can't believe how big he's getting and how much he is learning. I love this stage. He is so fun to play with, and I love teaching him something and having him actually be receptive and acknowledge what I've taught him and practice it.
Here's some pics over the last little while...all from the iphone. I really need to pull out the actual camera more. boo for mom. Enjoy the over abunance of photos!
just another day at the office with dad
cousin ta ta. they're best buds...most of the time
loves his puppy
Hand constantly in his mouth. Poor guy
Cool dude. It was actually quite the effort to get this picture. haha
haha bright flash+really early in the morning = this face. Precious
I really like this picture. I wish he was looking at the camera though.
old trick that resurfaced again recently
Such a happy baby
Naked baby alert!