30 ON 30
My lovely husband is 30 today. He is NOT excited. Not in the least. He doesn't like birthdays. He doesn't like feeling like he's getting old. Which he's NOT!! He's in his prime if you ask me. Anyway, I tried to surprise him, and I almost made it. I LIVE for surprises. It drives Stephen crazy. Very few things are better than a well manufactured surprise. I failed at the delivery, but he's still super excited about the present. Stephen and I have been married for 5.5 years. Since being married we have never left the lovely province of Alberta. We've gone away to Banff twice and Canmore for our honeymoon. And never longer than two nights. And while those were lovely trips, BOOOOOO. We want to leave Alberta!
We've been planning a tropical trip for when our next baby is old enough, so probably next February...like 2014. soooo far away. Stephen needs a vacation though. NOW. So I set out to plan a little getaway.
Stephen is one of the hardest workers I know. For the first three years we were married he worked full-time AND went to school part-time. It would have been easy for us to live off my income...sort of...but he wanted to help support our family. That's something I've always respected about Stephen. Even today, he often comes home and still does work in the evening once Balian is in bed.
He's always treated me as an equal partner in our marriage, something that's so important to me. We parent equal and work equal. It works great for us, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
He's in desperate need of a relaxing, fun vacation. Stephen loves the San Francisco 49ers. They've been 'his' team as long at the Red Wings have been 'his' NHL team...which is a loooong time. And they're actually really good this season! So I really wanted to take him to a game. I thought about just going to Seattle, but they suck. AND then I saw they were playing the Giants, which are MY team, in October. How perfect! We both get to see our teams play. Yes...I like NFL football. I like watching sports....probably because I couldn't play a sport to save my life. So I live vicariously though professional men. It's pathetic. So I decided we were going to go to San Francisco and go to a NFL game, among other things, but that was the main activity. I was doing good until Sunday night football. I couldn't hold it in any longer, and I just blurted out that the surprise was we were going to San Franciso! I'm so lame. Oh well. He was excited, and I'm so excited it's actually going to happen. It's been booked, and work has approved my time off so there's no backing out now!
Anyway, I just wanted to wish my wonderful husband a happy 30th. YOU'RE NOT OLD!!!
* Look how cute he was when he was so little!!!
* Love me some boxers....and the leather pants aren't too shabby either.
** Stop reading now if you want to avoid the cheese
30 Reasons Why You're the Best 30-year-old I know
1. You're an amazingly hard worker
2. You always put your familiy first
3. You're HOT
4. You bring me home donuts when I'm sad or upset....or you're in trouble
5. You teach and explain to me the lyrics in rap songs
6. You're 100% yourself around me and allow me to be the same
7. You come shopping with me and taught me about name brands
8. You put up with my punctuality OCD
9. You have goals and you always work hard to accomplish them
10. You're a worthy priesthood holder
11. You can make up a song about anything and everything...with matching dance moves.
12. You love to cook
13. You do more laundry than I do
14. You always fill the car up with gas because you know I hate doing it
15. You moved to Raymond!
16. You always kiss me good night and tell me you love me
17. You still spoon with me on the couch
18. You're a better backseat driver than you used to be
19. You treat me as your equal
20. You're HOT
21. You could totally kick any guy's butt if ever the situation presented itself
22. You're the best dad EVER
23. You call me during the day just to talk
24. You make me laugh everyday
25. You let me eat as many sweet things as I want to
26. You support my goals and hobbies
27. You want a big family
28. You introduce me to new things all the time
29. You tell I'm beautiful and sexy even when I don't feel I am
30. You treat me like a queen
Happy birthday hun! I love you so much and am so proud of the man you have become in 30 years. YOU'RE NOT OLD!!!